Thursday, October 29, 2009

Connecticut, I am Here!


Yesterday after work my Daddy and I flew standby as pass-riders from ORD (Chicago) to BDL (Hartford, Connecticut). Because the plane was not full we got first class (Daddy sat in 3A, I got my very own seat in front of him, right under 2A.) It was rather fun and I was not at all scared, not on the bus, on the L train, or even at the airport when I had to come out of my travel bag to go through security. While waiting for our plane (a Boeing 757), I met a nice lady from England (now living in Scotland) who told me all about her own cat who she recently had to put to sleep (?) after "14 years". Fourteen years! I can't stay awake 14 hours, sometimes not even 14 minutes without my nap!

It's a beautiful day in the country here, the sun is shining and it is around 55 degrees. Here's a picture from the summertime on the porch. Best if all, though, I am with my best friend, Lola. Lola is a yellow Labrador retriever and we love to play chase-the-cat. I always win - at least, so far.

Why am in in Connecticut? Because Daddy is going to Hawaii and I can't go there without too much red tape (?) - something about rabies and quarantines (?) because Hawaii (which is a long airplane flight away) doesn't have rabies, unlike the mainland (where we live). I know all about rabies as my vet, Dr. Marks, gives me shots for it. (Daddy's note: it's to prevent rabies, Tav.)

No comments:

Post a Comment